Ayla Urwin-Toll P.R. Representative with Moving Made Smooth,Inc
Moving to the country side can bring relaxation and a sense of peace that a city environment cannot offer. Most people who make the transition from city life to living in a small town are capitalizing on this fact. Take a look below to see some useful tips when making this transition.
• Remember to pack a lunch or grab some snacks for the day you move into your new country home. Often people forget that stores are a lot further from home and unlikely to be open 24 hours in small towns. These circumstances could make your move day even more tedious if you forget to bring food and beverages with you.
• Make sure that your phone service, internet, & cable/satellite are to your needs. There's nothing more annoying on a stressful move day than spotty cell phone reception. Try to troubleshoot any difficulties you may have before moving in. Buy a signal booster if you need to.
• Be sure that you can hire movers to unload your belongings in your new area. Keep in mind that some companies will not be flexible with their service area.
• See if your current job offers telecommuting. Working from home can sometimes give people the extra peace & quiet they were looking for. If not, small towns can offer a rich variety of jobs or perhaps you can bring a skilled trade to the town.
• Mingle. Try and become friends with people in your new community. Check out public places or community attractions and events.
Please feel free to leave a comment below!